Monday, July 19, 2010

To Inspire or Not to Inspire is the Question!!!!





So recently i have had this craving to paint again........
A little known fact about me is that, as a child i was never the artist in the family....it was my sister. She could draw, and design things like nobody's business!! But when it came to me, music and writing was my thing. In high school i began to get stressed about school and life in general, so i began to paint!
I was Inspired by the quarter long study that we did my senior year of different popular paintings in history. We had to memorize over 100s of paintings and their artist for class. Many students hated it, but for me it was an eye-opening experience!!! I loved it, and i fell in love with one particular artist, his name is Edgar Degas! He was well known for painting ballerinas! I loved them, and through his paintings i was able to see that we shared a same interest of ballet, and dance.

So with that in mind i was inspired to begin my journey of attempting to paint! For me it was the most relaxing and wonderful experience and feeling. I could release all my negative energies and problems onto the canvas that i was painting on, and i would walk away stress free and carefree! Life was good again!!!

I would paint whatever i saw, or a scene of the day that really stood out to me. When i got my guitar at Christmas in 2003, i began to paint things that always had a guitar in it. Then later i began to focus on scenery. I would always paint the beach, and waves, because for me that was always home, since i was born on a Island. It was never anything Amazing like Da vinci, or Monet, but it was decent for my liking.

With summer break upon me, i have decided to take up this love that i once had. My only problem is Space, because my little apartment already has so much stuff in it!! So any suggestions?

Like music and writing, Painting has always been apart of me. I just never really took the time to let it come to the surface and release itself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment